Dr Efstathios Kousounis DipDS Athens 2009
Periodontal PractitionerGDC Number: 193562
Dr Efstathios Kousounis received his Diploma of Dental Surgery in 2009 from the University of Athens, Greece. For the next year he went on to work in private practice at the military hospital in Athens, Greece.
In January 2011 Efstathios relocated to London where has been practising dentistry ever since.
In 2012 he commenced his specialty training in Periodontology at the world-renowned UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London. The Eastman MClinDent (Periodontology) program is one of the 11 European periodontology programs, and the only one in the UK, that is accredited by the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP).
Efstathios is currently working closely with our team here at Wightwick Dental Practice to provide periodontal treatment for our patients.
He welcomes referrals for all aspects of periodontal treatment, including:
- treatment of all forms of periodontitis including those associated with systemic conditions
- non surgical treatment of peri-implantitis
- treatment of nonresponsive periodontal defects, furcation involvement, perio-endo lesions and defects following periodontal treatment. In these situations access surgery, resective surgery or regenerative procedures may be indicated using membranes, bone grafts or enamel matrices.
- Presence of recession defects or mucogingival deformities which are progressing or require cosmetic enhancement and would benefit from periodontal plastic surgery procedures for soft tissue management, e.g. root coverage, increase of keratinised tissues;
- Crown lengthening procedures (aesthetic and functional)